Droan College of Nursing
Nurses and Midwives Council and HNB Medical Education University, Dehradun, UttarakhandHome / Colleges / College of Nursing
The Nursing profession is one of the noblest professions nourishes, cherishes, protects and supports the patient during hospitalization and thereby provide, significant service to the society. During World War-II, Florence Nightingale emphasized the grooming of nurses for the management of sick, prevention of diseases and consequently promotion of health in a given community.
The Nursing a therefore both, Science and art, that requires a sound scientific education. Besides this, Nursing is a service to humanity, devoted as it helps curing patients by applying scientific knowledge and skill during their studies. A professional nurse is a graduate of a recognized Nursing College who has registered with State Nursing council, which is a licence to practice.
The ratio of patients and nurses in over country especially in rural areas is quite wide. In addition to this the foreign governments have expressed their eagerness to employ graduate nurses from India to every year.
The Droan College of Nursing is registered under Uttrakhand Government. The objectives this college is to provide services by the trained and Qualified Nurses to the weaker section of the society and to provide the best education by opening the career oriented Courses in the colleges, So that the candidates after passing such courses will start their own work or else may be absorbed in Government service.
Philoshophy of Nursing
Nursing is a systematic, deliberate process directed towards assisting individual and group in promoting, maintaining and restoring maximum health potential and supporting the dignity of the individual in life. This process is based upon the combination of scientific knowledge and skill that consist of action that is independent but coordinated with other health care programmes.
Concept of nursing is based on Indian nursing council’s definition which states that “the unique function of the nurse is to assist the individual, sick or well in the performance of those activities contributing to health or its recovery (or to peace full dead) that he would perform unaided, had the necessary strength, will or knowledge. And to this, in such a way as to help him gain independence as rapidly as possible.”
The faculty of Nursing College pursue in belief that the basic course in nursing must necessarily be laid on sound medical and scientific foundation. Further the faculty of Nursing College believes:-
- That learning occurs not only in classroom, but in the peer groups and through participation in a wide variety of extra-curricular activities in different fields.
- That Nursing is a profession, which is a influenced by advance in Science and Technology.
- That skill in all aspects of communication is essential for learning and for the practice of nursing.
- That the nature of Nursing education is such that substantial portion of student’s learning is acquired in clinical area.
- That interdependence of Nursing with allied profession and occupation are necessary for promoting, maintaining and restoring health.
- That the newly inducted persons entering this pioneering profession must be guided for their brilliant career in nursing so that they may prove efficient in imparting services to the society.