Droan College of Nursing
Home / Colleges / College of Nursing / Aim & Objective
Aim & Objective
The general aim of the Nursing College Programme is to prepare the graduate to assume responsibilities in preventive, promotive and curative care of the people, sick or well and to act as professional nurses. They are prepared to assume first level positions in all areas of health and are expected to participate in teaching and managerial functions as well. The specific objectives are follows:
- Prepare nursing graduates to assume responsibility in preventive, promotive, curative & rehabilitative care of patients in hospital and community level.
- To meet the requirements of dedicated nurses for various hospitals in India and other countries as well.
- To meet the acute shortage of qualified nursing personnel in the country in general and Uttarakhand State in particular.
- To promote and strengthen the nursing skills for better competence in the nursing profession in general and patient care in particular.
- To produce ‘Nurse Administrators and educators in the hospital and in the community for better implementation of National Health Programmes.
- To provide qualified nurses to the country to cope up with advancement in Medical Science and T echnology.
- To enable them to get job opportunities at economically better position.
Scope of Nursing
After completing the degree course she/he can work in the following areas.
- Hospital – Central Govt., State Govt. and Private Hospitals.
- Nursing Homes.
- Teaching – School and College of Nursing.
- Industrial Nursing.
- Community Nursing.